Wednesday, September 14, 2011

Hoisin Chicken with Rice


I made this last night and it was a big hit with the hubs. He is kind of picky, so score. It was my first time dealing with Hoisin sauce and it was really yummy! Kind of sweet but savory all at the same time. A nice change from teryaki or just soy sauce. Paired with some rice it was a really good dinner, and my hubby even ate leftovers...a true rarity. He's one of those leftover snobs. Anyway, I only have one picture to show because I've got mini me aka my shadow so I had to sneak a picture in really quickly before she got mad. :)

Chicken with Hoisin Sauce
1 lb chicken tenderloins, cut into bite size pieces*
2 tbsp oil (vegetable or olive, I used canola)
1 green bell pepper, chopped
1 red onion, chopped
3 garlic cloves, minced
2 Tbsp soy sauce
1/3 cup hoisin sauce
1/2 cup chicken broth
3 Tbsp corn starch dissolved in 1/4 cup water

1. Add the oil to a skillet over medium heat. Add the minced garlic and cook until you can smell it.
2. Season the chicken with salt and pepper. Add the chicken and cook until cooked through and juices run clear.
3. Add the red onion and bell pepper and saute until tender crisp, about 4 minutes.
4. Combine the soy, hoisin, chicken broth, and the corn starch (already dissolved in the water) and stir. Add to the chicken mixture. Bring to a boil, then simmer until the sauce thickens.

*You don't have to use tenderloins, this is just what I always use for everything. Breast, breast halves, whatever you want would work.


Also...I realize that I super suck at taking food photos. I can't promise I will get better at it.

I have a really awesome idea for some banana bread cupcakes with nutella frosting and filled peanut butter ganache that I hope to make within the next week or so. Let's face it it anytime you add nutella into the mix you know it is going to rock your socks.

No comments:

Post a Comment